Monday, January 13, 2020

Monday at SLIG 2020

First day of class... Surprising how many people were dragging already!!!

The first day of the Virginia class provided me with some great insight into the odd pronunciations in Virginia - like Botetourt and Kanawha. I think I can pronounce them now. Listening to Barbara Vines Little and Vic Dunn was like drinking from a fire hose. My head's ready to explode. (Yes I'm mixing my metaphors.)

SLIG Central was up and running today. I've heard great reports about the selection of books at Maia's. I haven't checked them out yesterday - I'm very afraid. Ran into a lot of old friends - heard so many great things about the other courses - I wish I could be in two (or three) places at once.

Disclaimer – The Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy has provided me a discount on my SLIG 2020 tuition for my participation as a SLIG ambassador. The opinions expressed are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment