Tuesday, January 14, 2020

SLIG Day 2

Day 2 is in the books - at least for me. I thought I tried to stuff a lot in my head yesterday - today was even scarier!!!. I can't wait to find time to dig through all I've learned and put it to work. I did have some momentary excitement when Vic Dunn talked about the Van Meter family which is one of the families I'm researching. Of course, he dashed my hopes by telling me how common that name really is. But I'm definitely going to dig into that line more to see what else I can find.

Lunchtime brought a fun SLIG Virtual Intermediate meet-up. There have been two of these classes - the inaugural course in the Spring and the 2nd course in the Fall - both were wonderfully coordinated by Sara Scribner. It was nice to meet people in person after only seeing and hearing them on Zoom. We all talked about how much we got out of this course and were excited to hear that SLIG will be offering it again in the Fall of 2020. I'd recommend that you look at the course description when it gets published and consider signing up. Yes, there is homework - but you have time to get it done.

Tuesday also brought the start of Class Photos. I can't think of anything to say about those... I'm sure that my eyes were closed or something equally weird. But it's also nice to see the whole group together.

Tomorrow is hump day. Hope everyone gets a good nights sleep!!!



Disclaimer - The Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy has provided me a discount on my SLIG 2020 tuition for my participation as a SLIG Ambassador. The opinions expressed are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment